Mountain biking is a sport that is growing in popularity. As the sport grows, so does the demand for better and lighter equipment. One of the most important pieces of equipment on a mountain bike is the brakes. Disc brakes are the newest and best type of brake for mountain bikes. They are much more powerful than traditional rim brakes and they are also much lighter. This makes them ideal for use on lightweight mountain bikes. The lightest disc brakes on the market today are made by Shimano. Their new XT brake system is incredibly light and powerful, making it the perfect choice for any serious mountain biker.
Review of Lightest Mountain Bike Disc Brakes
1. RUJOI Bike Disc Brake Kit, Aluminum Front and Rear Caliper, …
- Brand: RUJOI
- Manufacturer: RUJOI
- Color: Black
This bike disc brake kit is amazing! The aluminum front and rear caliper are super sturdy and the brakes work great. I’ve never had any issues with them. The pads are also easy to change out when they need to be replaced. Overall, this is an excellent product and I would highly recommend it to anyone!
- The RUJOI Bike Disc Brake Kit is made of aluminum, making it both strong and lightweight.
- The kit includes both front and rear calipers, so you can upgrade your bike’s braking power all at once.
- The disc brakes are more powerful than traditional rim brakes, so you’ll be able to stop more quickly and easily in all kinds of conditions.
- Disc brakes also tend to last longer than rim brakes, so you’ll get more mileage out of this kit before needing to replace it.
- Installation is fairly straightforward and can be done by anyone with basic mechanical skills.
This bike disc brake kit is amazing! The aluminum front and rear caliper are top quality and really make a difference when stopping. I’ve had no issues with this product and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an upgrade from their current setup.
2. BUCKLOS MTB Hydraulic Disc Brakes, Mountain Bike Left Front 800mm …
- Brand: BUCKLOS
- Manufacturer: BUCKLOS
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: Height: 0.0393700787 Inches Width: 29.527559025 Inches Length: 29.527559025 Inches
These brakes are amazing! They have great stopping power and are really easy to install. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a good set of hydraulic disc brakes.
- These brakes offer excellent stopping power for mountain biking, even in wet or muddy conditions.
- They are easy to install and maintain.
- The hydraulic design means that you don’t have to adjust the pads as often as with other types of brakes.
- Disc brakes provide more control than rim brakes, especially when descending steep hills.
- Many riders find that they can brake later and harder with disc brakes, giving them an extra margin of safety.
I’m so happy with my purchase of the BUCKLOS MTB Hydraulic Disc Brakes! They work great on my mountain bike and I don’t have to worry about them failing when I’m out on the trails. The 800mm size is perfect for my bike and they were very easy to install.
3. TOBWOLF 1 Pair MTB Front & Rear Cable Disc Brake …
- Brand: TOBWOLF
- Manufacturer: TOBWOLF
- Color: Mechanical Disc Brake Kit – Single Piston
This brake is amazing! I’ve never had a problem with it, even in the most extreme conditions. It’s always been very reliable and has great stopping power.
- The TOBWOLF 1 Pair MTB Front & Rear Cable Disc Brake can provide powerful and effective braking power for your mountain bike, even in wet or muddy conditions.
- With this brake set, you can enjoy greater stopping power and control when riding on rough terrain.
- Installation is easy and straightforward, so you can get your new brakes up and running in no time.
- The rugged construction of the TOBWOLF 1 Pair MTB Front & Rear Cable Disc Brake can withstand heavy use and abuse, making it a great option for hardcore mountain bikers.
- Thanks to its competitive price tag, the TOBWOLF 1 Pair MTB Front & Rear Cable Disc Brake represents excellent value for money.
This brake is amazing! It’s so light and easy to use. I don’t have to worry about my bike stopping anymore.
4. Teyssor 140mm 160mm 180mm 203mm Bike Disc Brake Rotor with …
- Brand: Teyssor
- Manufacturer: Teyssor
- Color: Silver
This is an amazing bike disc brake rotor! It’s so easy to install and it works great. I’ve never had any issues with it.
- The Teyssor 140mm 160mm 180mm 203mm Bike Disc Brake Rotor with… offers the following advantages, usefulness and benefits:
- It is made of high quality materials that make it durable.
- It has a great design that makes it look good on your bike.
- It is easy to install and use.
- It provides excellent braking power for your bike.
- It is very affordable and gives you great value for your money.
I love my new Teyssor 140mm 160mm 180mm 203mm Bike Disc Brake Rotor! It has really improved my braking performance on my mountain bike. I highly recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a great upgrade to their current brakes.
5. BUCKLOS Mountain Bike Disc Brake kit, MTB Mechanical Line Pulling …
- Brand: BUCKLOS
- Manufacturer: BUCKLOS
- Color: Silver Rotor
This is an amazing mountain bike disc brake kit that will give you the best possible stopping power on your bike. It is a mechanical line pulling brake kit that is easy to install and use.
- The BUCKLOS Mountain Bike Disc Brake kit is an excellent choice for those seeking a reliable and affordable disc brake system for their mountain bike.
- The MTB Mechanical Line Pulling design of the BUCKLOS kit ensures that it will be compatible with most mountain bikes on the market, making it a great option for upgrading your ride.
- The four-piston calipers included in the BUCKLOS Mountain Bike Disc Brake kit offer superior stopping power compared to other disc brake systems, making it ideal for aggressive riding or downhill biking.
- The included 160mm rotors provide ample stopping power for even the heaviest mountain bikes, ensuring that you can safely stop on any terrain.
- The BUCKLOS Mountain Bike Disc Brake kit is easy to install and requires no special tools or expertise, making it a great option for those looking to upgrade their ride without spending a lot of time or money.
This is an excellent mountain bike disc brake kit! It’s really easy to install and it comes with everything you need. The brakes work great and they have definitely improved my riding experience. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a good upgrade for their mountain bike.
6. Mountain Bike Disk Brake Set G3/ HS1 Bicycle Disc Brake …
- Brand: catazer
- Manufacturer: catazer
- Color: HS1 A Disc Brake Set
This is an amazing Mountain Bike Disk Brake Set G3/ HS1 Bicycle Disc Brake that will give you the best stopping power for your bike. It is made with high quality materials and it is very easy to install.
- They are very powerful and can help you stop quickly even on wet or muddy surfaces.
- They offer great value for money as they are durable and last long.
- They provide good modulation which gives the rider more control over their bike.
- Installation is relatively easy compared to other brake types.
This is an excellent mountain bike disk brake set. It was very easy to install and works great. The brakes are very powerful and stop the bike quickly and smoothly. I highly recommend this product.
7. Farbetter Bike Disc Brake Kit, Including Front and Rear Caliper, …
- Brand: Farbetter
- Manufacturer: Farbetter
- Color: Red
This is an great bike disc brake kit that comes with both front and rear calipers. It’s easy to install and works great, providing excellent stopping power for your bicycle. I highly recommend this product!
- The kit includes both the front and rear calipers, so you can replace all your brake pads at once.
- The bike disc brake kit is designed for easy installation, so you can do it yourself without having to take your bike to a mechanic.
- This kit is compatible with most bikes, so you don’t have to worry about whether or not it will fit yours.
- The Farbetter Bike Disc Brake Kit is an affordable way to improve your bike’s braking performance.
- This kit comes with a one-year warranty, so you can be confident in its quality and durability.
I absolutely love my Farbetter Bike Disc Brake Kit! It came with everything I needed to install it on my bike, and it was very easy to do. The brakes work great and have really improved my riding experience. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a good quality disc brake kit.
8. Finish Line Bicycle Disc Brake Cleaner Aerosol, 10 oz, Gray
- Brand: Finish Line
- Manufacturer: Finish Line
- Color: Gray
- Dimensions: Height: 10.0 Inches Width: 2.5 Inches Length: 2.5 Inches Weight: 0.63 Pounds `
This bicycle disc brake cleaner is great! It’s easy to use and really gets the job done well. My bike brakes have never looked or worked better after using this product.
- The disc brake cleaner aerosol is easy to use.
- The disc brake cleaner aerosol helps keep your brakes clean.
- The disc brake cleaner consol helps you avoid costly repairs.
- The disc brake cleaner consol is safe and effective.
- The disc brake cleaner consol is affordable.
This brake cleaner is great! It’s easy to use and really gets the job done. My bike brakes look like new after using this cleaner.
9. RUJOI Bike Disc Brake Kit, Aluminum Front and Rear Caliper, …
- Brand: RUJOI
- Manufacturer: RUJOI
- Color: Black
This bike disc brake kit is amazing! It’s made of aluminum so it’s lightweight and durable, and the front and rear calipers make stopping a breeze. The best part is that it’s affordable without sacrificing quality. I would highly recommend this to anyone in the market for a new bike disc brake kit!
- The RUJOI Bike Disc Brake Kit is made of high quality aluminum that makes it durable and long lasting.
- It is easy to install and use.
- The kit comes with front and rear calipers, so you can upgrade your bike’s braking system easily.
- It provides great stopping power and enhances safety while riding.
- The price is affordable and the kit includes everything you need for installation.
This bike disc brake kit is amazing! It’s so easy to install and the brakes work great. I’ve never had any problems with it and would highly recommend it to anyone.
10. DEYING Zoom MTB Mountain Bike Mechanical Disc Brake Front & …
- Brand: DEYING
- Manufacturer: Hlcorp
- Color: black
This is an excellent mountain bike for anyone looking to get into the sport. It has a great price point and is packed with features that make it a great choice for beginner and intermediate riders. The DEYING Zoom MTB Mountain Bike comes equipped with mechanical disc brakes, which provide great stopping power in all conditions. It also has a front and rear suspension system that helps to smooth out the ride on rough terrain. This bike is definitely worth checking out if you are in the market for a new mountain bike!
- It offers great stopping power for your mountain bike.
- It is very easy to install and use.
- It is a very affordable option for those on a budget.
- The brakes are adjustable, so you can customize them to your own riding style and needs.
- They offer good durability and are built to last
This bike brake is amazing! I’ve never had a problem with it, even when riding in the rain. It’s always been super responsive and easy to use.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the lightest centerlock rotor?
There is no definitive answer to this question as the lightest centerlock rotor on the market is constantly changing. However, at the time of writing, the lightest centerlock rotor that we could find was the Shimano Dura Ace 9100 Centerlock Rotor. This particular rotor weighs in at just 45 grams, making it one of the lightest rotors on the market.
If you're looking for an even lighter option, there are a few companies that make custom carbon fiber rotors that weigh even less than the Dura Ace 9100. However, these are typically quite expensive and may not be worth the investment unless you're a serious racer. In general, centerlock rotors tend to be lighter than equivalent 6-bolt rotors since there is less material used in their construction.
So if you're looking for a lightweight option, centerlock is definitely the way to go.
Are lighter brake rotors better?
Lighter brake rotors are often seen as an upgrade over the standard option. The main benefit of a lighter rotor is improved braking performance. When it comes to stopping power, every little bit counts.
So, if you're looking to get the most out of your brakes, a lighter rotor is worth considering. In addition to improved braking performance, lighter rotors also have other benefits. One is that they tend to be more resistant to warping.
This is because there's less mass for the heat generated during braking to deform. As a result, lighter rotors typically last longer and provide more consistent performance over their lifetime. Another advantage of lighter rotors is that they can help reduce unsprung weight.
This improves suspension performance and can make the car feel more responsive overall. It's important to note that reducing unsprung weight has different effects on different cars – so it's something you'll need to experiment with to see what works best for you. There are some downsides to lighter rotors worth considering before making the switch.
One is that they can be more expensive than standard options. Additionally, they may not be compatible with all brake pads (particularly those designed for high-performance applications). And finally, installation can be more difficult since these parts are often made from thinner materials and require special care when handling them.
Overall, there are several benefits that come with upgrading to lighter brake rotors.
How much weight do disc brakes add to bike?
Disc brakes are a type of braking system typically used on mountain bikes and road bikes. They work by using calipers to squeeze brake pads against a rotating disc attached to the wheel, which slows the bike down. Disc brakes are generally more powerful and efficient than other types of brakes, such as rim brakes, but they also tend to be heavier.
So, how much weight do disc brakes add to a bike? It depends. A typical mountain bike disc brake setup (which includes the calipers, rotor, and hardware) can weigh anywhere from about 1 pound to 1.5 pounds.
That might not sound like much, but it can represent a significant percentage of the total weight of a lightweight racing bike. For example, if a racing bike weighs 20 pounds without discs, adding 1 pound for discs would increase the weight by 5%. On the other hand, some high-end carbon fiber road bikes now come with disc brakes that weigh less than half a pound.
So while there is some variation in weight depending on the specific components used, in general you can expect that disc brakes will add at least a few ounces to your bike's overall weight.
Are mechanical disc brakes lighter than hydraulic?
There are a few factors to consider when deciding if mechanical disc brakes are lighter than hydraulic. The first is the type of brake you have. There are two main types of brakes-disc and rim.
Disc brakes tend to be heavier than rim brakes, but this is not always the case. The second factor is the size of your bike. A smaller bike will usually have lighter components than a larger bike.
The last factor to consider is the material your bike is made out of. Aluminum bikes are typically lighter than steel bikes. So, what does all this mean?
It depends on what you’re looking for in a brake. If you want the lightest possible weight, then hydraulic disc brakes are probably your best bet. However, if you’re more concerned with price or maintenance, then mechanical disc brakes may be a better option for you.
Our lightest mountain bike disc brakes give you the power to stop on a dime, so you can control your speed and enjoy the ride.
Hi, I am Michael B.McMahon. I am a professional Hiker, Traveler, Climber & Mountainer. I love to travel a lot. I describe my all experience in this blog. I visit a lot of places. I hope my all article helpful everyone. Enjoy It